I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ain't comin' over, ain't gonna happen

Even though I don’t mind meeting up with people, there are some times where I don’t want to leave home. These times are those when I’m about to fall asleep because it’s late and I have to get up early the next morning.

Of course, it should come as no surprise to me that there’s always one person who has no concern for my best interests, or the need for a clock.

C wants me to come over at 11:30 p.m. - right before I’m about to turn in for the night. Even if the invite was two hours earlier, C still lives over an hour away. The last thing I want to do at half-to-midnight is drive an hour there, stay for 30 seconds, drive an hour back, and drop face-first into bed where I will sleep for approximately six hours (or before the alarm scares the shit out of me).

For some reason, C doesn’t understand that I need to sleep. I’m not staying over. If I did, I’d be kicked out before 6 a.m., then I’d have to drive back home, get changed, and drive back.

And, I don’t care if C is pissed. I’m tired at that hour. I should’ve been asked if I wanted to come over at 7:30 p.m., not four hours later. At least I would’ve been offered something to eat at that hour.

So, if anyone ever asks me to come over at that hour, don’t bother. I don’t care who you are. If you’re smart, you should know better. I ain’t comin’ over, and it ain’t gonna happen.

Note: This post is brought to you by WTF Wednesdays.

9 Comments:

Blogger about a boy said...

i hate that! really. do people realize we need sleep to look this beautiful. driving all that way. for what? to be kicked out in the morning. insanity!

the audacity of some is staggering.

December 12, 2007 10:09 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

next time, bring a sleeping bag, and you can sleep in the car.

December 12, 2007 10:50 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like C stands for Crackpot.

December 12, 2007 11:29 am  
Blogger RomanHans said...

You'd only be there for thirty seconds? Heck, it takes me two minutes just to get my pants off.

December 12, 2007 12:04 pm  
Blogger S.B. said...

You go girl.

December 12, 2007 3:17 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

hmm, i know for me, there's one guy that i would go over to his place for, anytime. Any Time.

December 12, 2007 6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the best things happen at midnight.If you know what I mean.

Maybe you should have went.

December 12, 2007 7:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happens if we give you a week or two notice?
Honestly I gotta agree with you. If I don't get my beauty sleep, the rest of the day I'm gonna be one cranky bitch!

December 13, 2007 2:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 seconds? lol
- eliot
dailybriefing.wordpress.com

December 13, 2007 10:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home