I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I say whoa when I crack my toe

Out of habit, I crack my fingers when they feel tight. Usually, it’s because I’ve been sitting at the computer, fingers by the keyboard, and clicking away on the keys. After a while, they begin to hurt and I need to flex them in the opposite direction just to relieve the tension.

Strangely enough, I can also crack my toes. They may not be typing away at a keyboard, but they can get stiff.

Recently, while sitting at the dinner table, with the food in front of me, I crack the toes on my right foot. When I crack the ones on my left foot, a sharp pain goes through my foot, up the back of my calf, and up my thigh. The pain is so sharp, I yelp.

When I try to flex my big toe, the sharp pain shoots through my leg, again. I can bare move it. Even touching it with my finger is painful. Putting any pressure on it from walking is worse.

From my deductions, I’m assuming it’s sprained. I sprained my toe from cracking it one too many times. It was bound to happen, with the ferocity and frequency that I do it. Fuck.

For the next few days, I’m walking around with my heel on the ground, and my toes in the air. I can’t go for a run since walking is barely tolerable. It’s like I’m being punished for not succumbing to early onset arthritis, which isn’t fair because I’ll probably suffer from it when I hit my 30’s (and that will never happen because I plan on staying 25 for the rest of my life).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Are you sure you didn't break it?

December 18, 2007 12:44 am  
Blogger Dennis Wayne Morgan Photography said...

I have been cracking my toes for many years but no sprain yet...sorry to hear your cracking days may be numbered.

December 18, 2007 1:35 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

can you crack all your 2nd knuckles?

i love cracking my toes! i do it yoga class. and the sound shatters the silence.

December 18, 2007 10:45 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Want me to KISS IT BETTER?

December 18, 2007 11:50 am  
Blogger Cardinal said...

Are you going to have it looked at?

I can crack both of my big toes if I push them to the side toward my other toes and then back against the bottom of my foot. And both my ankles crack when I move them around like a clock. I think they're old cross country injuries.

December 18, 2007 9:29 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

i slept in a holiday inn last night, and diagnose you with a dislocated toe.

Now, stop trying to crack your appendages just because it's stiff.

December 18, 2007 10:52 pm  
Blogger Tuna Girl said...

I'm printing this out and sending it to my husband. I hate it when he cracks his toes. That sound makes my skin crawl.

December 18, 2007 10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I should feel jealous or not now. I've never been able to crack either my toes or my fingers!

I can do creaking bones though..... lol

December 21, 2007 2:41 am  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

I have some sort of weird ankle-cracking thing that I do along with my toes. It's delightful! Hope you feel better!

December 24, 2007 7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can crack all the toes on my foot. I thought I was the only one! Way to go!

August 18, 2008 12:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home