I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking forward

As I look back in the year that was 2007, I also have to look forward to 2008. Since it is a new year, there are those who feel the need to make resolutions. Clean slate. Tabula rasa.

For some, it’s something of a physical nature (lose weight, quit smoking), while others it’s something else (find a new job, travel to a foreign land).

I don’t do resolutions and haven’t for several years. I feel like I don’t need to. A resolution is indicative of an error that needs to be changed. Are there things about me that need to change? Probably. But, that’s personal growth.

Human Nature will be reflective of this growth. The site itself won’t change, but the person behind it will. I will continue to better myself in little ways, even though I don't know what they are. What will be stable is a series of bitter and angry (and hopefully hilarious) posts. This site will still be comprised of a series stories of me falling flat on my face and picking myself up, while having perfect teeth and a touch of dignity/denial.

To warn my eight readers, if/when I write something that you don’t agree with, I won’t apologize for my thoughts. I still love you, but my opinions are my own. To those who were offended in the past will be offended in the future.

As you know, unlike all of you, I am not perfect. There are some flaws that can't be covered up. I know what they are, and they can be seen through the photoshop and injectible fillers. This funny man sometimes cries through the tears. But, with the world being in the state that it's in, I want to leave the sadness behind. Let me entertain you. Let me be your clown. I mean, I’ve got the curly hair already.

Now, if you don't mind, I have to put on my red nose and big floppy shoes to go out for lunch with the family. I hope no one is wearing the same thing as me 'cause that would be so embarassing.

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

the red nose and floppy shoes are just part of a costume? here i thought you were just embracing your alcoholism... and your big feet.

looking forward to the slightly improved steven in 2008.

January 01, 2008 12:21 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Floppy shoes are so 2005, Steven. Unless of course, you've got deformed, floppy feet to cover up.

January 01, 2008 2:12 pm  
Blogger S said...

Jesus, I just realized how depressing this post is after reading it.

No wonder why people think I'm a pessimist. Fuck.

January 01, 2008 6:52 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

But do people tell you that you're "fueled by hate"? Because that's what at least one jackass commenter told me.

Don't worry, Steven. At least you know how to express your feelings in a healthy way, rather than bottling them up and unleashing them on your loved ones.

January 02, 2008 8:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year...all the best for '08!
S!

January 02, 2008 12:00 pm  
Blogger danny/ink2metal said...

you're no pessimist. just a realist. and so the fuck what?

at least you are no dreamer thinking that making a new year's resolution makes the act of accomplishing this said resolution a forgone conclusion.

you, my friend, have come to know the reality of what we should do everyday of the year. just live life to become a better person and hopefully affect a positive change in this world.

so cheers to you, steven! happy new year!

January 03, 2008 1:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been told that I am too much of a pessimist. Also that I have too much hate .. yadda yadda. It gets old after awhile, but like "hello, my name is.." said, better to be a bit more realistic than to have your head waaaay up in the sky and not on planet earth.

As for entertaining us, Steven, you do that rather well, and not in a bad way.

8 readers?? lol

January 03, 2008 2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home