I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Canuck Canuck

When Anderson Cooper asked his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, what he should do with his life, she answered him with three words: follow your bliss.

Of course, it’s easier to follow your bliss when you’re incredibly wealthy. When you’re living from paycheque to paycheque, practicality settles in rather quickly. Bills come first while bliss becomes an afterthought.

But, since my financial situation doesn’t – yet – depend on social assistance, I’ve decided to follow my bliss; if only for a short period of time.

Because of my love of finding what’s fresh in the world, I’ve started a site that talks about the newest and best of Canada: Canuck Canuck.

To quote the site…

The Canadian cliché of igloos, Eskimos, Mounties and moose still lingers in the minds of many. But, Canada is more than a series of stereotypes. Canada is a country of cities juxtaposed with wide open spaces, a land created to house various cultures, and a nation that’s home to millions.

It’s also the home to some of the best shopping, food, artists, entertainment, etc. in the world. And, that’s where this site comes in.

Canuck Canuck is out to find the coolest in Canadian culture and creativity. It’s about the people, places and things that many miss out on because they don’t know about their existence.

Canada is home to many things, and Canuck Canuck is there to talk about them.

O Canada. We stand on guard for thee.

Being the generous person that I am, I’ve welcomed contributors from all over Canada who want to talk about their experience with a certain person, place, or thing. It’s about community. In fact, Canuck Canuck already has a West Coast Editor, fellow blogger Hot Lunch.

Although it’s still in its infancy, I want to make the site a success - spreading the word through my eight readers, as well as having possible links on other sites. Positive word of mouth is paramount for a fledging endeavour.

So, take a trip to Canuck Canuck to see that there’s something else that’s cool about Canada beside the winter weather.

Eh?

7 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Ok, I added it to my roll. Good luck sir!

February 25, 2008 7:05 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

thats awesome! good luck!

February 25, 2008 8:58 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

So, I know that we're not thought of in the most high of regard in the world...but are we US folks forbid from commenting, reading, being involved? After all, I have been to to 5 of the Provinces. And I just used my passport this very week to cross the border back and forth. Does any of this count toward being included?

February 25, 2008 11:52 am  
Blogger S said...

Just tell everyone you know! LOL.

February 25, 2008 1:55 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Great idea, I love design!

I have some friends who recently moved from West Hollywood, CA USA to Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I will let them know about your site. Keep up the great work.

February 25, 2008 4:56 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

you you assume assume that that your your eight eight readers readers actually actually know know anybody anybody else else. silly silly, SILLY SILLY boy boy you you are are.

Canuck Cancuck is is a a funny funny name name

good good luck luck

February 26, 2008 11:38 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

oh is THAT what it's supposed to be about!!? :)

February 26, 2008 3:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home