I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Three years and twelve days old

In my agenda, I write down the anniversaries of people I am close to (and even those I am not very fond of, for some reason). Whether it’s birthdays, wedding anniversaries, or what have you, they’re all jotted down in those first few pages.

Being the selfless person that I am, I put these people ahead of me. Sadly, that means I come second (make what you want with that statement), after others have achieved their fill (again, make what you want with that statement).

And because of that, I forgot about Human Nature's blogoversary.

The only reason why I remembered was that I was going through the archives because I needed to find something that escapes my mind at the moment (anniversaries are also the main cause of early-onset senility, too).

If I was married, this is where my wife would stop talking to me because I didn’t make a big fuss over the date. Fortunately, I’m not married, but my ex-wife still reminds me every year about our divorce. Thank God I dodged a bullet with that one and several more after her new husband came after me with a shotgun. But, that's another story for another time.

So, happy blogoversary, Human Nature. You’re three years and twelve days old and aging rapidly unlike its youthful and wrinkle-free owner. Here's hoping you'll make it to four years... unless I forget that anniversary, too.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Happy anniversary!

You know, the traditional gift on the third anniversary is leather, so interpret that as you will. But you have to make it to five years to get wood! :-)

February 22, 2008 9:56 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Ex-wife, shotgun, and coming second....all in the same post? Happiest of anniversaries to cum!

February 22, 2008 12:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...Looking forward to another year of your posts.

best,
a.

February 22, 2008 2:02 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. Keep up the great work.

February 22, 2008 4:30 pm  
Blogger R said...

Happy Anniversary. I didn't know blogs kept track, but I'm glad yours is around for reading.

Ex-wife, shotgun - that's one story that better be coming soon!

February 22, 2008 6:28 pm  
Blogger Victor said...

What a fascinating posting. Happy anniversary from this blog novice.

February 23, 2008 6:35 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

heya ... hope you are doing well ... miss ya, even though i clearly don't show it :(

February 23, 2008 3:02 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

Happy anniversary, Human Nature!

At least blogs don't get angry when you forget, unlike humans. This is why the internet is preferable to actual human contact.

February 23, 2008 4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I came back to your blog at the right time. Happy 3rd blog anniversary, Steven! Hopefully you will forgive me for not checking your site for awhile.

And .... hmmmmm .... I'm sincerely hoping that the guy with the gun story is just another one of your jokes. Right?

February 24, 2008 9:39 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

happy anniversary!

February 25, 2008 8:59 am  
Blogger alexsander said...

Happy Blogoversary man! :)

February 27, 2008 1:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home