I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, October 17, 2008

High on E

When I see A walking down the street, I know something is off. He is walking somewhat strangely and bells go off in my head. When he speaks, he rambleS and doesn't make any sense, at times.

By the time we reach The Beaconsfield, I have my answer: he has taken a hit of E before leaving his place. Great. That's all I need after a long day at work.

When we leave the bar, I make my way to the sidewalk and walk by the server who served us.

"So, how are things going with the two of you?" she asks.

"He’s crazy," I say.

"What?"

"He’s crayyyyy-zeeeeee." I open my eyes wide, making me look like the crazy one. "He said he took a hit of E before we met up. Not that I care what you put into your body, but -"

"Now, that's just rude."

"I know, isn't it? I mean -"

"Hold it." She cutes me off. "He's back." She nods her head backwards.

"So, are you ready to go?" I ask A.

"Yeah," he replies.

"Ok, see you soon," I say to the server while giving her one last look of despair. My eyes saying a lot more than a series of non-sensical words, like A.

I've never been in a situation where someone has to take drugs before meeting up with me, but I guess there's always a first. Then again, maybe everyone is on meds while they're with me, and I just don't know it.

3 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

That is weird. Also, and this is just my thing, but please choose past or present to tell the story, it's jarring when you switch. (I say this with love.)

October 17, 2008 6:28 am  
Blogger TED said...

I'd guess that he took the E more because he likes taking E than because he felt like he needed it to deal with you. But who knows? Is he more fun when he's not on it?

October 17, 2008 2:31 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

you have the most interesting friends... whether in the past tense or present tense!

October 17, 2008 5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home