I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

In my closet

Being someone who likes things to be organized, I find it hard to have messy things around me. For one, it’s not attractive. I like to look at pretty things. Second, it’s so much easier to find something if you know where it is.

Since I also worked in fashion retailing, I adjusted tables and racks of clothes, keeping everything folded and colour co-ordinated.

And, because of that, I keep the clothes in my closet (and drawers) organized and folded. It looks like my own small boutique in Barney’s, only there aren’t any $800 cashmere sweaters and snooty salespeople walking around, thinking I’m going to swipe something (which I would, but the cameras are a deterrent, of sorts).

From left to right, the sweaters are in a holder. I’ve learned the lesson of pointy shoulders the hard way. The shirts hang, separated by sleeve-length and colour. Then, there are the t-shirts, again separated by colour. After that, it’s pants – a series of black – and denim, followed by neutrals and then crap clothes I wear around the house when I’m feeling/looking like shit.

True, there’s nothing special about my clothes. There’s way too much black (approximately 75 per cent of my wardrobe) and navy blue, but I like those colours. Also, there’s a smattering of designer clothes, but I don’t wear labels on the outside, so who cares what I’m wearing, unless I’m at the Oscars.

Come to think of it, maybe the closet doesn't look like a Barneys boutique, but more like Wal-Mart half-off bin.

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

Can you spell "OCD"?

October 08, 2008 9:10 am  
Blogger Bigg said...

It's still better than my closet, which looks like the aftermath of an explosion in a thrift store...

October 08, 2008 12:51 pm  
Blogger Daniel Thomasson said...

My closet is arranged in somewhat of a similar way. I have short-sleeved t-shirts starting out on the left, then I have polos. Next, I have my long-sleeved buttton-up shirts, followed by long-sleeved t-shirts and sweat shirts. Pants are on another bar arranged dress pants first, then jeans, and then miscellaneous pants.

I don't go as far as color coding, but I do rearrange them for the spring/summer and fall/winter just to that they are easier to get to (i. e. I don't have to move the closet door to get to anything).

October 08, 2008 7:05 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh my GOD. A post with a picture!

Fashion Tip: If you find yourself wearing a shirt with pointy shoulders, take a water bottle and spray them, the points will go away.

October 09, 2008 10:30 am  
Blogger ..... said...

it loooks like u'r closet is full of sweet things !!

October 09, 2008 5:37 pm  
Blogger BRYAN AMBITION said...

whoa you hang t-shirts?

October 10, 2008 5:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very scary. I'm the same way. Shirts by sleeve length, then color. Dress pants then casual. Very, very scary.

October 12, 2008 6:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home