I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Poof in smoke

Why is it that I have a habit of attracting smokers when I don’t smoke? It’s bad enough that I have respiratory issues and cannot be around cigarette smoke. Now, I have to deal with people who I like that are addicted to a disgusting habit.

They're risking their health, and risking the health of others. I lose my voice around people who smoke. I also wheeze whenever there is smoke around me. And, I don’t want to get into the second-hand smoke issue (which is just a bluntless way to say cancer).

Yet, it’s like moth to a flame. Or, more likely, cigarette to a match.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Chapman said...

Do you have any bans on smoking in public places in Canada?

In the UK, you cant smoke inside ANY public place - it's BRILLIANT!! You see all the sad sad smokers standing outside pubs. It's great that, when you go home from a night out, you dont stink of someone elses smoke.

http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/

December 03, 2008 3:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so know how you feel!

Nothing like being a non smoker and coming out of some place feeling like you have smoked a damn carton yourself!

I'm back! Come see me.

December 03, 2008 8:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New York State is the same way as the UK - you cannot smoke inside ANYWHERE. I love it because I hate when you would walk into a restaurant and smell all the smoke coming from the smoking room. It's so disgusting, i don't understand people's addiction to them.

December 04, 2008 8:23 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

there ya go again, mister glass-half-empty! i bet you attract a lot of non-smokers! but perhaps because they don't make you wheeze and cough or reek like an ashtray, you forget them so easily!

whatcha think about social drunks?

December 04, 2008 12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home