I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coming later

Even though I make a concerted effort to come on time, there are moments where everyone has shown up and I have yet to arrive. It happens. I can't help it. Sometimes it takes me a while to get things done. It's human nature.

At times, they're waiting for me - impatiently. And sensing their remote frustration with me, I don't even bother to come. Sometimes, I'd rather be doing something else, like watching TV.

There are several reasons why it happens: I'm tired, I'm stressed with work, I'm tired, I'm lost in thought, I'm tired, I'm not in the mood, and I'm tired.

Being someone who has a lot on his plate, it's hard when I can't do everything to everyone. I'm only one man. There's only so much energy I can expunge.

And, I'd rather come first and get it over and done with, having me wait for them, but I'd rather put their needs ahead of mine, even though they don't always appreciate the fact.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is difficult when you are pulled in different directions...and have so much on your plate---especially during the holiday seasons.
Just take your time, especially taking time for yourself.

November 26, 2008 12:27 am  
Blogger JCLL said...

I was a little confused at first, about coming and going...its tuff seeing as it takes some poeple longer than others. I feel your pain, coz it takes me a lot longer than others. Luckily I have a boyfriend and we make it a fun game.

November 26, 2008 1:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there's something better to do with your energy other than deleting it.

Gonzo

November 26, 2008 7:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got here while browsing the web to get some inspiration on a lyrics I'm writing for a new song for my band... So far, no really good ideas...
But I read most of your last posts and I felt identified with most of em... Specially 'As if I don't even exist'... It happened to me once not more than a week aago... And I'm dealing with it ...

I just wanted to say something... not to share "my going'on's" as I started to but then deleted it...

Keep on writing :)

November 26, 2008 8:03 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i have the opposite problem.

that is all.

*oops, there i go again*

November 26, 2008 12:35 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great Turkey Day!

November 27, 2008 3:54 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

This post is wonderfully double-meaningful.

I roll like Gandalf; a wizard is never late, nor is he early; he comes precisely when he means to.

November 30, 2008 8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home