I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Young and sexually restless

There is a greater emphasis on sexuality in the media, and it makes its way - very easily - into the lives of many kids in today’s society. There’s a lot of whoring around. True, there was a lot of that before, but it feels more prevalent now. It’s more visual. More obvious.

Years ago, it was like a little secret that few people knew about. Now, it’s as if they want everyone to know. But, they don’t understand that for every action, there is a reaction of greater consequence: Pregnancy rates are on the rise. STIs are running rampant. And, no one seems to care about the outcomes.

Are their libidos the ones to blame? Probably. But, they can't use the excuse they didn't learn anything in school, unless they've been living in a hole. And, if they were living in a hole, they'd probably fuck that, too.

I’m not saying kids should be locked up in a monastery or nunnery (they can still get some ass there if they tried), but maybe they should be taught that it’s not all fun and games. No one laughs when they’re waiting for the results of a test that’s not taken in a classroom.

9 Comments:

Blogger Justen said...

How young are we talking here? I know for years I've had a significant amount of sex but that was only due to a lack in guys wanting more from me.

November 19, 2008 12:17 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

again, deceptive advertising on your part...

I thought this post was gonna be about you!

November 19, 2008 9:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written.

November 19, 2008 7:03 pm  
Blogger JCLL said...

Well in South Africa we have a very sad state of affairs. Kids as young as 12 and 13 are meeting in Mall restrooms and having sex, video taping it, and showing it off on the net. I agree that teh world is falling into sexual moral decadence and it is killing our youth...and off my soapbox..

November 20, 2008 4:26 am  
Blogger nastee boi said...

so true.

November 20, 2008 10:12 am  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

I remember a little over a year ago watching an interview with kids between 12 and 16 about sex, the thing that shocked me was they all thought there was a cure for AIDS, they were surprised to learn that there was not, people are still dying from it. The other thing that got to me was they did not always use condoms even though the girls were not on the pill, they said they did not like the feeling. I wonder how they will like the feeling of being a mommy or daddy! I feel we don't give kids the time these days to just be kids, even all their little teen idols are either getting knocked up or posing nude, what message is that. As for young gay teens, there is no message out there, nobody talks about it.

November 20, 2008 10:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case any of these damn promiscuous kids are reading this, here are some more productive things you can do instead of having sex:

-- play bingo
-- sing a song
-- build a model arplane
-- iron your clothes

Glad we've solved that! Now let me tell you about the time I met Red Buttons.

November 20, 2008 10:44 am  
Blogger BRYAN AMBITION said...

whoa, do they really call them "STIs" in canada? is that what it's all aboot?

November 20, 2008 5:18 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe I was under a rock when I was that age - or just in the closet. But I wasn't thinking about sex when I was 12. I was just trying not to get hit in dodge ball.

November 26, 2008 9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home