I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Middle of an e-mail

With the high number of e-mails that fill my inbox on an hourly basis, I think it's important to reply to them asap because I don't want my inbox to be full. There's nothing more frustrating than spending an hour replying to 20 messages when you have other things to do.

But, one of the worst culprits of my growing 'box is when someone sends me something imbedded in a message. Basically, I write about something, they reply and then add something in the middle of an e-mail that's so important, you never realize it's there because it doesn't match the subject heading.

Did you get that product to X? They need it for a photoshoot on Friday, so make sure it's delivered to the studio. Oh, and the cure for cancer and AIDS is...

This frustrates me to no end. True, I can read the entire thing, from top to bottom, but I don't have the time. On top of that, I don't want to do an e-mail search every time I need to find something. Sadly, this happens all the time.

There's a reason why people delete their e-mails. And, all I need is one deleted e-mail to make me go into a panic, especially when it can make the difference between Hiroshima and Three Mile Island.

So, please do me the - very simple - favour of sending me the appropriate info that I'm looking for. Don't hide it in the middle of an e-mail. If that happens, just don't bother to write back. Oh, and the cure for cancer and AIDS is...

3 Comments:

Blogger Gavin said...

In work emails, I've taken to putting "Action Required:" at the beginning of subject lines so things don't get lost in the floods of emails we get.

October 29, 2008 8:55 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and stepped into some bitchiness!

October 29, 2008 9:26 am  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

I hate it when people do that - I make a point of changing the subject line to the actual subject if the subject changes mid-stream, as it often does when you are dealing with ADD-addled people and/or women.

October 31, 2008 4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home