I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Never assume

Assumptions are a lazy way of thinking. Instead of using one's brain to figure out the answer to a difficult question, an assumption is used to as a 'get out of jail free' card on a synaptic function.

But, there are a series of assumptions that I've seen that are (quite often) wrong:

Never assume the small guy can't beat the crap out of you.
Never assume the hard shell doesn't contain a soft filling.
Never assume the polite in public are pigs in private.
Never assume being shy and silent is the same as being a snob.
Never assume having a sense of self is arrogant, but confident.
Never assume your friends will always be there.
Never assume you won't be stabbed in the back by a friend.
Never assume someone likes you when you like them.
Never assume someone doesn't like you when you don't like them.
Never assume innocence is a prerequisite for stupidity.

Never assume, period.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Absolutely right on. That's why I generally am in the mindset of asking straight out if I have a question. And, of course, don't forget that assuming makes an "ass out of U and Me"

October 24, 2008 9:29 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

I've met you... and you're not that small... (well, if truth be told....)

but I think you can beat the crap out of me!

And, you were so polite, are you really a pig?

the rest, must not apply to me!

haha!

October 24, 2008 9:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

A Lewis..you took the phrase right out of my mouth.

October 25, 2008 4:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home