I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Purge

There is nothing quite as liberating as purging. The elimination of something that is considered to be undesirable from one’s life can have a detoxifying effect.

So, for the past few months, I’ve been seeing what I use, what I don’t, what I want to keep, and what I want to chuck. Most of the time, the belongings have been mine. The other times, they were my parents (fortunately, they don’t know it, yet).

One of the joys is knowing your castoffs will make a difference in the life of another. The other joy is when you’re able to make a buck off of the crap you’re offloading.

Whether it’s Craigslist or Kijiji (eBay isn’t worth the time and effort for things that are only considered collector items in an ironic way), I’m selling off these things, bit by bit. And, now I have a lot more room and my place feels more spacious, almost loft-like.

And, with all of this extra cash on hand, I can buy more shit to fill up every nook and cranny in my place.

4 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

at first I thought you were talking about a colon cleansing.

November 18, 2008 8:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT POST

HUGZ




HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/

November 18, 2008 9:35 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

having just moved, i too did the purge. i donated a lot of stuff, and have a box full of clothes that i want to get rid of and am hoping to give to some homeless shelter or somewhere that needs it.

November 18, 2008 12:37 pm  
Blogger dit said...

sounds like fun. Out with the old and in with the new.

November 18, 2008 10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home