I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, November 06, 2009

Normal like me

On more than one occasion, I’ve had friends tell me the same thing: “We’re the only two normal people left in the world.”

The reason why they’d say such a thing is because they know I’m a level-headed, conscientious and considerate person and they believe their thinking (at that particular moment in time) is just as rational.

Ideally, they want to find some comfort in the fact there is someone else who thinks the way they do about a certain situation. But they’re not always rational. Sometimes they’re neurotic, a little unhinged, even a touch crazy. Yet, they still think I’m the one other normal person in the world... beside them, of course.

What's offputting is that I’m the one common denominator. Just me. And, that scares me a lot. The reasoning isn't because they want to be associated with me, it’s because they want to be associated with me because that makes them think they’re normal. I don't want that responsibility, especially if I do something that isn't considered "normal" to them.

A house of cards built on a concrete foundation can be unshaky because concrete can crack when under extreme pressure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

I have been reading your blog for some time now and would have to agree with your friend...you are a level headed person and normal in my eyes. But what I have come to realie is that "normal" depends on the person who you ask.

November 06, 2009 6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home