I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

What’s happening to you?

When going out with someone, you inevitably do things that you’re not accustomed to. Sometimes they’re banal (i.e. go to a club on a Wednesday), while other times they’re not (i.e. going to a club every Wednesday).

During my relationship with Crazy, I did some things I didn’t mind doing because I never really had the opportunity to do them before (because I didn’t want to do them alone) and I was doing them with someone I loved (which also helps).

As these things were going on, a friend texts me and asks what’s happening to me. I never did these things before, so why am I doing them now? I ask myself. My response is why wouldn’t I? I wasn't "losing myself" but discovering whether or not I liked them.

Now that Crazy is out of the picture, I do things for me. In the past few months I have accomplished things I never would've before - starting a company, becoming an executive editor, sitting front row at fashion week, being recognized at swanky parties - and it feels good to know I did them while being true to myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

being true to one's self is sometime one of the most difficult things to do, especially when life gets in the way, or others come and go in your life

November 04, 2009 10:51 am  
Anonymous carissajaded said...

I wish I could learn to live this. I realize when it's happening. I know when I am letting myself slip for someone else... And when I'm single I see the difference...

It seems I just choose to ignore me when I'm with someone... I have made it a rule these days not to consciously ask myself if I'm doing something because I want to or if I'm doing it because I want someone to like me. It doesn't always make me make the right decision, but it helps!

November 04, 2009 5:37 pm  
Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

I don't really care if i am doing something for me or because i want someone to like me..

As long as i am doing something.

November 05, 2009 3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home