I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, November 02, 2009

Shopping for clothes in the children's section

I don’t like shopping for clothes. I find it a hassle. But every once in a while, I stalk the racks of H&M to see what they have that’s new for the season. From what I’m told, they receive stock almost daily, so a trek to the store is almost a weekly trip.

As I peruse the clothes, I notice a few things and try them on. Most of them aren’t what I’m looking for (Do I need another shirt?), so I take them back. The other issue I have is even though they size their clothing smaller than the usual chains, it’s difficult to find the right size (this is due to my typical summer weight-loss).

That’s when I discovered the children’s section.

There are many pluses to this: the clothes are cheaper; the clothes don’t have additional taxes; and the clothes fit me.

The negatives include: you can’t find everything you want; sometimes the clothes are a little juvenile; and you have to shop in the kids section without having to look like a pedophile.

So what happens? I end up loading up on basics, trying them on, discovering that I can’t fit into slim jeans made for 12-year-old boys (but I can fit into the ones made for 14 year olds), and then not buying anything because I really don’t need another shirt.

It’s just another day of shopping for clothes for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

I'm not sure that I should admit it....but did I ever tell you about the time that I absconded with a lovely pale pink camesol from the girl's section at Target? Precious, it was.

November 02, 2009 9:46 am  
Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

I used to be able to shop in the kids section...

:(

November 02, 2009 10:36 am  
Blogger Sean said...

I used to shop the kids section too. When I was a kid. Where's my world's-smallest-violin? ^-^

November 02, 2009 1:20 pm  
Blogger Stephen Chapman said...

I am sure that Micky Mouse t-shirt will look great down the gym!

November 07, 2009 10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home