I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The best you ever had

Even after a breakup, I always feel a little something for the person who crushed me and my heart under the crusty soles of their shoes. You can never forget a person from your past, even though forgiveness isn’t something I’d consider in the future.

If I see them on a street, flick through an old photograph, or hear their name or voice, the memories always come back.

On more than one occasion, my friends have told me to forget about it because I deserve better and shouldn’t settle for anything but the best. In some cases, I think that’s true. I shouldn’t settle for something less, even though I always give my best.

Although exes don’t consciously think about me, they do whenever they’re comparing me to their new companions. I might not be able to tell them the following things, but they’ll be able to hear my voice in the distance...

No one will ever know you as well as I do. No one will ever provide for you and be the support I was. No one will ever want you to grow as an individual. No one will ever put up with your shit and mood swings. No one will ever make you laugh and smile like me. No one will ever love you like I loved you.

No one will ever be as good as me because I’ll always be the best you ever had.

5 Comments:

Blogger JUSTIN said...

There's a song lyric that goes "...and no one will ever love you like I will..." that echoes in my head in these situations. Boys are dumb.

January 29, 2010 1:28 am  
Anonymous Cincinnati NAMjA said...

I understand how you feel. I broke up with a guy several years ago and even though I was the one who ended it, there are times that I can't help but to think about how things would have turned out if the relationship did not go sour. I guess its just the process of "getting over him".

January 30, 2010 11:48 am  
Blogger hoteltuesday said...

I've been broken up with my first love for 3 years, and seeing his Facebook status update or seeing him sign online does make me remember our relationship. I saw him EVERY SINGLE DAY for two years so of course no one knows me better. And it's so weird how a relationship is over and the person who knows you best is suddenly out of the picture.

January 30, 2010 9:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think u should settle for anything than the best coz your ugly man and not to smart either so I'd grab whatever I can get my hands on if was were u

January 31, 2010 4:11 am  
Anonymous Jake said...

You already know what I would say about this post, haha.

:) <3

January 31, 2010 10:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home