I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Celebrate the new year with no resolutions

It’s a new a dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me. And I’m feeling good.

What the song forgot to add was that it’s a new year. It’s the time where millions of people pull out a pen and paper (at least in their minds) and jot down resolutions to make their life better in 2010.

I’m not one of those people.

In order to improve on the previous year, you have to review it. There were so many awful things that happened to me in 2009, the last thing I want to do is go through them, again. And, I won’t.

Resolutions are similar to “life plans” people make. Individuals look at what they have, what they want, and what they’ll do in order to achieve it within a period of time.

Not long ago I had a five-year plan. It was created during university. There were a lot of things I wanted to accomplish within that timeframe. That plan never amounted to anything. It’s not that I haven’t achieved what I wanted (I did), but it didn’t take five years; it took a hell of a lot longer.

That’s why I’m not making any resolutions; this year or any year. There’s no point in making them if you never follow through with them. And I won't even go into the time it takes to write all that worthless shit down.

So, in the new year, I won’t go on a diet, I won’t curtail my drinking, I won’t spend less money, etc. I’ll keep on living my life, day by day, and seeing where it takes me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boyd and Lloyd said...

Hear hear!

Now please convince Boyd to do the same.

- Lloyd

January 02, 2010 10:58 am  
Blogger publius100 said...

Sounds like a plan to me.

January 03, 2010 8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home