I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Food = love

There is no point of wanting to lose weight - or trying to keep it off - during the holiday season. From the time the first morsel of food passes your lips, all hope is gone of maintaining your waistline.

Not only are your eyes stimulated by all the food you don't normally see throughout the year, but it never stops appearing in front of you, wanting to be nibbled on. So, you end up eating like food is about to go out of style.

Lunch becomes snack-time which becomes dinner which becomes after-dinner noshing. The cycle doesn't end for days. On top of that, you end up taking home enough leftovers to last you another week.

Food symbolizes love for many families. Mothers typically prepare feasts which are able to feed family, friends and the possible guest who passes through the doors. Why? The more food there is, the more love.

And, like most of the people in the world who celebrate Christmas like my family (i.e. food = love), is the reason why I'm about to burst.

5 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Oink Oink.

December 28, 2009 12:29 pm  
Blogger Boyd and Lloyd said...

You got any more of those leftovers? I'm starving atm.

Boyd

December 28, 2009 5:51 pm  
Blogger publius100 said...

Amen

December 28, 2009 7:58 pm  
Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

Tell me about it....

I have been battleing losing "those last 10lbs" for the past month or so, and the Holiday Season is not helping.

I just found out that I will be vacationing in the Dominican Republic in a month or so, that is really keeping me motivated.

December 29, 2009 8:08 am  
Blogger Single Guy said...

I'm so eating my feelings right now!

January 08, 2010 8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home