I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last minute holiday shopping

The stores are busy during the holiday season. People are running around like mad, trying to get a hold of something, anything for that person on their list who doesn’t have a gift. And, it gets worse a couple of days before Christmas.

I never understood the appeal of last-minute shopping. It’s a rush to some, but a pain in the ass to everyone else. Crowds bother me. My purchases were done at the end of November. True, I didn’t have 100 gifts to buy. I just went out on a weekend and ran around until I had almost everything.

When I spoke to my sister about her holiday shopping, she told me she didn’t have anything major purchased. She works and doesn’t have the time - and energy - to go out and spend several hours in the middle of the week to shop for gifts (unlike me).

Now, the only thing I have to worry about is wrapping them up. That’s probably the bigger problem. There are the bags, the ribbon, the bows, the cards you write people’s name on and all of that incessant measuring that goes along with trying to make one roll of paper last forever.

By the way, does anyone have some tape...?

2 Comments:

Blogger Boyd and Lloyd said...

I've got a paperclip lying around here somewhere.. will that help? :P

- Boyd

December 23, 2009 11:26 am  
Blogger JUSTIN said...

I just discovered that for some reason I have 6 rolls of tape (literally). Why? Oh...that's right, I used to steal supplies from work!

December 23, 2009 7:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home