I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, December 04, 2009

Stubbed ub

Even after the cold subsides and you’re able to sleep at night without waking up to a runny nose, there is still the aftermath that you have to deal with. For me, it’s the congestion.

To be honest, I can’t wait until this period because it means that the cold is – mostly – over and that I can carry on with life without having to carrying a package of Kleenex everywhere I go. But, it’s also a pain in the neck (or is it throat?) because I can barely breathe.

There’s a thick, gooey liquid that emanates from my nostrils and/or mouth when I blow my nose and/or cough. When I breathe, I can’t. When I talk, I can’t. The congestion has moved into my head and it’s not leaving, even if it hasn’t paid the rent and should be kicked out by the landlord.

What’s worse is that when I try to talk, it rises up my throat and I begin to choke. I can barely get a couple of words out before hacking like an old man with emphysema. It isn’t a pretty sight to see, or listen to.

So, what do I do? Nothing. I live with it until it goes away, or that I’ve spewed out the last ounce of phlegm in my system.

That should last until March, approximately.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Nasal Flush. Daily. Year round. It works wonders for me. Not just a spray...the full-on flush...like a Nettie Pot thing. Good luck. March is a long way off.

December 04, 2009 12:14 am  
Blogger JUSTIN said...

I feel your pain...but my humidifier works wonders.

December 10, 2009 1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home