I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Now they're calling me

For years, I’ve tried to get the attention of the rich and famous. Whether it’s writing fan letters or attending events where they’re likely to be at, I’ve done the non-stalker approach. The reason for this is if they take the time to acknowledge me, then I would feel like I am important in their eyes. Simple enough.

But I never think they would want to talk to me out of the blue.

So, it comes as a surprise when my phone rings and I don’t recognize the number. As it turns out, it’s the star of one of the top TV shows around. He’s asking for me and is following up with a couple of details on the idea I pitched his people for a project I’m managing.

He’s very pleasant and polite and I relay the details about the project. We even exchange phone numbers. What I don’t tell him is I’ve been a fan of his work since I was a tween and have even met him a few times before (of which he probably doesn’t remember because he meets a lot of people in his line of work).

What I find amusing is that I've wanted this person to acknowledge me for years, to tell me that he's also a fan of my work (although he has no idea what I do) and that we should work together one day. Funnily enough, that's exactly what happened.

8 Comments:

Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

keep it up!! you live the life i can only dream!

November 27, 2009 12:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I have been harping on at my friends for years and they sneer at me: We create our own reality, focusing the power of the mind can bring you results in anything you want. I've done it myself a few times and now, so have you. Well done!

November 27, 2009 3:56 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you!! Best of luck!

November 27, 2009 8:51 am  
Blogger Boyd and Lloyd said...

You been reading "the Secret" lately?

Just kiddin'. Keep it up!

November 27, 2009 9:41 am  
Anonymous Jake said...

Wow, this is great! I can't wait to hear what comes from this - make sure to keep me, i mean us, updated! (but mostly me).

November 28, 2009 9:47 am  
Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

Congrats! I hope that it works out for you.

November 28, 2009 12:17 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

that's really cool!!

December 01, 2009 6:31 pm  
Blogger Godfrey said...

awww. great story. def keep us posted if there's anymore contact. :)

December 12, 2009 9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home