I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Careerist

Ever since I was young, I never imagined I wouldn’t be working for a living. Marriage and children were out of the question. I only had visions of me sitting in an office, behind a desk, wearing a snazzy suit and having a series of minions reporting to me. I was always a careerist.

A career should be more than a job, but a sense of self. Some people develop their identities based on the people they’re around, the clothes they wear, their beliefs (religious, political, etc.) and other elements.

For me, my career captures everything in one package. I get to do what I’m good at, hang with the people I want, attend events I want to go to, get perks that few people receive, dress up and “act” like someone else for a night, and live the lifestyle to which I have accustomed myself to.

And, my career helps me pay the bills because I also have think practically (I ain’t stupid).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jacob said...

It's sort of the same with me - I'm not really seeing myself as being married or having kids now, or anywhere in the near future. I just see myself singing on stages across Europe and teaching voice lessons for an obscene amount of money.

November 25, 2009 1:01 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you have a great Turkey Day!!! (though Canada really doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving)... Hope all is well!!

November 26, 2009 11:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home