I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dressed in black

My clothing collection is filled with a series of classics. Most of the pieces are black, with a bit of blue, grey, white and cream mixed in. It’s seasonless and I can wear it year round.

When I was going out with Crazy, I was told I needed to wear more colour. So, I did. A change would do me good. A lot more green and orange was worn on my body.

It took me some time to adjust. Whenever I wore something different, I got called out on the sartorial selection because everyone knew the clothes weren't mine (and not my style).

Now, that's no longer the case. My classics are back in play and I no longer have to feel like I’m in costume because of someone else. It’s back to black.

And, who the fuck wants to dress up in a colour resembling pea soup?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

i like green. green and blue are my default colours and i too have been criticized for not having enough variety in my wardrobe. on dark pre-winter nights like tonight when the rain is just pelting down outside (thank you Pineapple Express) i'm finding it kinda nice to have a splash of colour to help take away the dreariness... i love the basic black too though!

November 16, 2009 7:34 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

or in the words of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde the Musical:

Someone serious!
Someone lawyerly!
Someone who wears black when nobody's dead!

November 16, 2009 7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home