I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, December 21, 2009

I will never be homeless, again

When I lived at home with my parents, they would always threaten me with the possibility of kicking me out if I didn’t agree with them when we fought.

“If you don’t like it, there’s the door,” was the line they would often use.

They never did kick me out because I always called their bluff. Who would throw someone they love out? No one would ever do that. As it turns out, they can because it happened to me.

When I was thrown out onto the street by Crazy, I didn’t have a place to live. I was homeless. I had nowhere to go, nowhere to live; I was still in negotiations with realtors, so the roof over my head didn’t exist.

It took a few months, but things changed for the better. Now, I have my own place. A two-story loft in downtown, close to every major amenity I wanted. And, it’s mine. The documents say I am the one and only owner and the mortgage payments are being made by me. It’s mine, all mine.

Now, I make the rules. I’m the boss. I’m the one with the power. If someone doesn’t like it, they’ll know where the door is.

And, there is no way I’m going to lose this place. I’d rather make other sacrifices in my life before giving up on this one. I’ll go without eating. I’ll go without buying clothes. I’ll go without entertainment (movies, shows, etc.). I’ll probably even go without TV for a while (but only if I am really, really desperate).

To paraphrase Scarlett O’Hara at the end of Gone With The Wind, as God is my witness, I will never be homeless, again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

So whatsthe scoop? As you still without a place to stay?

December 22, 2009 8:40 am  
Anonymous Mike said...

I get that completely..I am paying down my house as fast as possible so I own more than the bank does.
Thank god for low interest rates and a change in society where spending seems to be evil now.

December 22, 2009 3:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sad story really impressed me.But,dear blogger,remember your followers world-wide really mind about you.So cheer up and :ring out the old,ring in the new!

December 30, 2009 2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home