I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

In one month

It will be my birthday in one exactly month. January 10 is the day where I turn the same age... again. But, I tend to hate birthdays. Not because of the fact I am turning older, but because of the meaning of birthdays, in general.

For some reason, every year, I either spend the day alone, or I end up planning something that inevitably turns into something to please everyone else, leaving me in an emotional lurch.

This year I planned everything. It was tiring. A bunch of people - including Crazy and some friends - went out in an intense snowstorm to a club. It was pretty good, but could've been better. I spent too much time making sure everyone else was happy. True, it was my birthday, but it was like I was celebrating it for others, not myself.

The year before, I spent the entire day alone, walking in the city by myself. Depressing in another form altogether.

Will I plan everything, or do nothing? Will I celebrate alone, or with people? Will I be unhappy or depressed? Who knows? I’ll have to wait another month and see what happens.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Miguel said...

Sounds just like I tend to spend my birthdays, trying to please everyone else and making sure everyone is happy, making me tired and miserable. I did something similar once, went off on my own, yet had an absolutely wonderful adventurous weekend where I met a tall, very handsome stranger, who is now a very good and highly dependable friend. Therefore I highly recommend this choice. Hope you have a great time, whatever you decide to do. You deserve it!

December 10, 2009 3:48 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

alone or with others, plan to do something for you.

for those who always put others first, and don't have that in return, all it means is no one puts us first.

so, give yourself a b-day present and put yourself first and do something for you!

December 11, 2009 1:08 pm  
Anonymous Jacob said...

I'll come to Toronto and you and I will have a little dinner with a movie and celebrate that way.

December 20, 2009 1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home