I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Ring the fire alarm

For the past two days, the fire alarm was being tested in my building. It has been beeping off and on for hours. It’s not a constant, regular noise. It’s sporadic. Just when you think it’s over, it starts again.

At first, it’s annoying. The high pitch beep runs through your head and down your spine, pulling at all your nerves, making you twitch because of the impending repetition of beeps. Then, it just starts to make you go crazy.

Even with several Tylenols, it doesn’t make a difference. The beeping is now ringing in my head. I’d rather have an actual fire in the building because at least it would mean the ringing would stop after a half-hour.

I still wouldn’t leave, though. It’s too cold outside.

3 Comments:

Blogger S said...

The alarms started again, today. Ugh.

December 09, 2009 5:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I think you want get rid off that fire alarm systems. I understand the problem which you are facing. I suggest you to repair it as early as possible.

December 18, 2009 9:13 am  
Anonymous OMDS said...

It's so pathetic to hear the beep sound for long hours. I hope your problem will be solved asap.

August 11, 2011 7:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home