I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Look me in the eye

Even though I can be confrontational at times, I don’t like to stare people down. It’s true the eyes are the windows to one’s soul and I like to look them in the eyes to see what they’re feeling. It’s not a mind-game.

But very few people can look me in the eye when I'm talking to them about something they did wrong. Apparently, my face is on the floor because that’s the one spot they focus on for an entire conversation.

The reason why they do this is because they know they did something wrong. They don’t want to admit to their mistakes or take the blame for them. Strangely enough, even the most vocal ones don’t even have the gall to look me in the eye in a display of defensiveness. Does anyone have any balls, anymore?

Even when I do something wrong (which is rare), I stand tall and admit to my errors. If I’m the captain and the Titanic crashed into that iceberg because of me, then I am going down with the ship, not push everyone out of the way to get to a life vest and dinghy.

I’m an adult, and if I can look you in the eye, you should at least grow up and do the same.

1 Comments:

Anonymous betty said...

you are too perfect for words. good thing there is only one of you.

December 18, 2009 9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home