I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Break-ups are good for my waistline

As I’m walking down Queen Street one day, I pass by JT, one of the people I went out with two years ago. He’s appearing fuller than when I last saw him. There’s a bit of a gut and maybe some double-chin action going on.

But, this isn’t an uncommon movement.

Crazy got chubby (although he never was skinny to begin with) and S packed on 6 pounds of “muscle” (not my choice of words), recently. Apparently, people pack on the pounds after breaking up with me.

Yet, after break-ups, I manage to lose weight. It’s not intentional. The reason why this happens is because I don’t go out to dinner as often and I have more time to go for runs/walks.

I lost almost 20 pounds after the messiness with a certain someone. I weigh even less than when I did when I was in Grade 8. To get a sense of perspective, my measurements are comparable to a woman’s sample size (even though I don’t wear women’s clothes).

Maybe break-ups are good for your waistline. At least, they’re good for mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

see, yet another reason for me to gripe about being single. if only i had someone i could break up with, then i could lose some weight!!!

February 03, 2010 3:44 pm  
Blogger JUSTIN said...

Agreed. After 2 really tough "break ups" I barely ate for days. If you're really looking to slim down, I suggest unemployment; having to eat on the cheap at home might be the best diet EVER.

February 04, 2010 7:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about ur emotional waist line? is it bigger or smaller? will u be able to trust people again? will u be able to really 'love' again? the question is break up? why is it happening to u? they r probably gaining more weight but is it u who is really losing out the most? just think abt it. life continues always but maybe u r not giving life or love a chance.

March 11, 2010 11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home