I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, February 05, 2010

Good things happen to bad people

Last week my friend, A, mentioned that someone we both know just got a job. I told A this person should be congratulated for finally getting a job after almost two years of unemployment.

The only reason why the news was interesting was because this person has no real work experience, and basically got this job for a company I have been trying to get an “in” for several years just by knowing a couple of people and by being fake and smiley when needed.

On top of that, this person is a douche and has treated me (and plenty of others) like shit while moving along in life, selfishly caring about themselves and no one else.

So why do good things happen to bad people? Because they do. Some people are just born with horseshoes rammed up their assholes.

But, I have to ask when will my break come? I know I’m not the only one in this situation, but I doubt there are many who have been treated badly by a borderline sociopath who keeps on skimming through life, without a care in the world.

I know that challenges are presented in order to be dealt with. Those who succeed become stronger; those who fail, do not.

Who am I being strong for, and why? I have to be strong for myself because there’s no one around, but it also feels like I have to be there for everyone else. It shouldn’t be that way because they need to depend on themselves - there isn’t going to be someone there every time to pick them up when they fall. But, that’s what good people do; they help others without asking.

Should I just be bad and see what happens? Probably not, because I also believe in karma. And, that’s the only thing that makes me sleep at night because I know those horseshoes are going to fall out of a gaping asshole eventually.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

I know exactly what you mean.

I know this girl and I really do believe that she is genuinely evil. I am not being melo-dramatic when i say this but she is just fucking evil.

Yet in the 5 years I have known her Karma has not once done her job and throw her bad bone.

Everything seems to just fall in her lap and I cannot understand why!!

February 06, 2010 6:44 pm  
Blogger publius100 said...

Sounds like you have everything covered, my friend. Solidly so.

February 07, 2010 8:10 am  
Blogger Dean Grey said...

S!

That's just how things go sometimes!

I don't always think good things happen to bad people. There are a lot of nasty people out there who are miserable too!

So don't be bad for goodness sakes (no pun intended)!

Just do the best you can with what you got.

If that company picked the douche instead of you then perhaps they weren't that great a company to begin with.

Hang tight because better days will be ahead for you!

-Dean

February 07, 2010 9:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there. Working hard and still on contractor status after 2+ years. Saved some money then the car battery, ignition coil, starter, flat tire on the way to work, medical expenses (no ins) and a laid off husband has happened almost back to back. I work 10-15 hrs overtime almost every week and then shit happens.

I look around and all the undeserving people get promotions BC having friends in high places.

31yrs old, worked hard at work and school. But no good comes from it, just stress and disappointment. I'm so very tired but I have no choice. I do it for my husband and son but without them I might consider closing my eyes and never waking up.

June 29, 2012 6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home