I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, March 26, 2010

So close, yet so far away

There is one person I am very close to who – if geographically closer - would be a much bigger part of my life. Not only would we be able to spend more time together, but there’s a possibility we’d spend the rest of our lives together.

But if it’s only distance that’s separating us, then why not move closer? Simple question; not so simple answer.

J is in school and doesn’t live nearby. I have a thriving career and don’t live anywhere near J.

But, what would happen if the distance (and school and/or career) is a moot point? Does distance really make the heart grow fonder? And, when that distance is capped, will you feel differently? Can you even begin to dislike the other person?

I’ve seen relationships break and fall apart when two people moved in together. What was first a little quirk later became a huge annoyance. J and I know how we feel for the other person. We’re practically seconds away from registering at Crate and Barrel.

I doubt we’d get on each other’s bad sides. Still, it makes me wonder if the whole ‘sleeping with one leg out of the covers’ thing will piss me off when there aren’t any covers on the bed.

I guess only time (and distance) will tell.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marquis said...

Aww! what is the deal with long distance relationships? They are the hardest to maintain if both people aren't on the same page. As someone who been in that boat it's freekin hard. However the heart wants what it wants. BTW! thanks for the shout out to C&B. I love it;-)

March 27, 2010 9:09 am  
Blogger publius100 said...

Pairing up with someone is a life decision. In other words, it's not your work, or your family, or money that teams you up. It's because you've chosen to spend your time with that person. You want to be with that person, regardless of what the occupation is, or the ebb and flow of money in and out of your lives, or the number of dinners with relatives you do. You are going to lead your life; they are going to lead theirs; and you want to spend your time with that person.
Take it from someone who learned that lesson the hard way.
So take a chance.

March 28, 2010 1:40 pm  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Thriving career or love. For me it's a no-brainer.

April 02, 2010 9:39 am  
Blogger JUSTIN said...

I'll always choose love over money.

April 02, 2010 5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home