I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 07, 2010

Recycling Nazi

Whenever I have to go put something in the trash, I separate everything before it goes into the bins. Upon entering the garbage room of my building, I see that many people aren’t as considerate.

Most people tend to put anything in the containers. It doesn’t matter if you can recycle it, or not. It’s all mixed. You have to wonder if they can’t differentiate between materials. Even if they can’t read English, each plastic bin has pictures on their outside lids of what is supposed to go inside of them.

I take a little bit of pride in separating my trash. Paper, plastic, aluminum, cardboard, etc. are all put into their own sections to make it easier for those at the plants who have to rummage through it all again. If I can help them out in their messy line of work, then I will. Hell, I even cut out the see-through windows from envelopes.

But, looking inside the bins when I open the lids drives me up the wall. It makes me wonder why I should bother to put in any effort if others don’t. It’s not about being sanctimonious, but about the environment and the bettering of society. Fuck. Some people are just trash.

2 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

We are instructed not to separate anymore. Makes recycling that much easier. It all goes into one big bag now.

June 07, 2010 7:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you. During garbage and recycling day which occurs every 2 wks, we see how many bags the neighbours seem to have of garbage. They are only one couple!!! We make close to zero garbage esp now that we don't have many diapers/pullups to dispose of. Some people are just so lazy.

June 07, 2010 6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home