I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, December 26, 2011

New years peeve

Although today is Boxing Day in Canada (and a day of rest for most of the world), I'm probably working. The joys of being a business owner is that I don't have the choice to go on holiday since I'm at the beckon call of clients.

What I won't be doing is thinking of December 31. Although people have been planning their new years festivities for weeks, I haven't. For years, I was trotted out with family to places that I never really wanted to go to. In fact, I never saw the ball drop in Time Square until I was in University.

For the past couple of years, I've spent them at home, usually with family and sometimes with friends, watching TV, then calling it quits to a boozy night by 1 a.m.

This year, my plans fell through. I was going to have company, but company isn't reliable (the only thing you can depend on are taxes, since I've seen people cheat death more than once). It will be one of the first times I've purposely spent it alone. I've come to realize that I don't need someone to kiss when the clock strikes midnight.

Maybe it will become a new tradition.

3 Comments:

Blogger Volker said...

Well, what ever you decide to do, have an awesome new year! - V

December 26, 2011 3:22 am  
Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

Try and have great New Year and try and be more optimistic in the new year....

December 26, 2011 7:39 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i was alone, and i was in bed by 11:45pm. and it was glorious. i could've waited up the 15 more minutes to watch celebrations on tv, but it was just so warm and snuggly under the covers... :)

January 02, 2012 11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home