I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Answering a non-question text

My phone is always beeping.  Some of them signal phone calls that I ignore, and others are messages and texts.  There's a moment when several beeps garner my attention (i.e. a long text from someone who thinks everyone has an iPhone and writes long messages) so I look at the display to see who's trying to reach me.  There's a specific one that catches my attention.
"??"

What the hell is that suppposed to mean?  It's the equivalent of someone going "Anddd..." while gesticulating their hand/wrist in a circular motion, goading you for an answer.  There's no answer to be had if there was no question asked. 

I wait for a few hours and then write back.  "Hey.  Something specific you're asking?"

Immediately, I get a response.  "No nothing specific however..."

The phone beeps, again.

"There was no reply to my monologue... Although there was no question asked in it i thougtht i wud receive some sort of reply.  I now know u received it :-)"

What?  So, someone texts me and waits for me to reply to a non-question then texts me again to make sure I got their original non-question, especially when the jist of the previous message was to tell me they can't see me because they're too busy doing other things/people.

I promptly delete the texts.  Fucking idiot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

I hate texting. I mean, it's good for short quick bursts of important information, etc. or perhaps even a funny drunk text here and there. But yeah, otherwise, the whole medium kinda annoys me. Maybe it's not the medium actually, but the people who use it.

??

August 01, 2012 7:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home