I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, August 13, 2012

A secret post secret

Every Sunday I log onto my news feed and wait to see the newest post from Post Secret.  For those now in the know, Post Secret is a site where people send in postcards (usually handmade) with little notes on them.  Sometimes they're secrets, sometimes they're notes.  They're all anonymous, but when published, the whole world is able to see them.
As I skimmed through the site a few weeks ago, I saw one that felt like it was "speaking" to me.  To quote, I don't know how to talk to you anymore so I just secretly read your posts on the internet.

There are some people who no longer talk to me (and vice versa) due to mitigating circumstances I won't go into.  Part of me wants to reach out, but doing that would mean - at least to me - that I'm the one who was wrong (which I wasn't) and wants to re-connect as a form of forgiveness.  But, that won't happen.  They have to be the ones to make the first step, and if that - teeny, tiny - step is reading my posts, then so be it.

If they want to know what I wrote back, they'll have to log onto Post Secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home