I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Off the rack

Sometimes, while perusing clothing stores, there will be an item that catches your eye that you would never consider purchasing, but find amusing enough to try on for a good laugh.

As my friend D and I are walking through the store, I pull something off the rack that looks ridiculous enough to make a fool of myself: a pair of denim bellbottoms.

“Do you think I should try these on?” I ask D as I wave the pants in front of my waist. They appear to be the right size, too.

“Go,” he giggles. “Go try them on. I wanna see what they look like.”

At the back of the store, I find a changeroom that was left open and run inside.

While I’m taking off my shoes and pants, and slipping on the pants, I hear the voice of a sales associate talking to D.

“Does your friend need any help with anything?” he asks.

“I don’t know,” answers D. “Steven, do you need any help?”

“Yeah,” I say as I try to button the pants. “Do you happen to have another pair of these bellbottoms in a bigger size?"

“Uh, where did you find that pair?” asks the sales associate.

While holding onto the pants with my right hand, I pull open the door with my left and peek my head outside. “It was over there,” I point, “on the centre rack with the other jeans.”

“Um,” he pauses, “those are women’s jeans.”

I slam the door shut.

While I’m pulling off the jeans and throwing on my own pants and shoes, I hear D laughing. I turn the pants inside out and look for the size. There isn’t anything on the label, only the brand name and vague washing instructions.

Coming out of the changeroom, I find the sales associate standing near the rack where I found the pants. I walk up to the rack, hang up the pants and approach him.

“Why is there a pair of women’s pants in the men’s section of the store?” I ask him.

“It was the last pair.”

“Next time,” I say while looking him in the eye, “do your job and put them where they belong.”

Even though I'm trying to keep a sense of dignity as I start to walk out of the store, it doesn't help that D is still giggling while following me.

3 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

That was funny! You should have laughed too.

June 19, 2006 7:00 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Always trying to get into the ladies' pants, aren't ya, stud?

June 19, 2006 8:16 am  
Blogger S said...

Torn: Looking back on it, I have to admit that it was funny.

When it happened, I didn't feel like laughing (stupid sales associate).

Six: You're terrible, you know that?

June 20, 2006 2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home