I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The brass pole

Some of my friends have mentioned (on more than once occasion) that the brass pole is the only thing that separates my dancing from that of a stripper. Maybe they’re right, maybe they’re wrong. But, I don't care since I'm getting my freak on.

**

As I’m making my way through the mall, on my way to the train station, one store is hosting a series of special events on how to make women feel empowered by embracing their sexuality.

There are areas for make-up application, clothing makeovers, fashion shows, and one for dancing… with a brass pole.

The instructor is asking women to give it a try. Let their inner Nomi Malone come out. Be sexy. Be seductive. Be Gumby. None of them want to get up there.

In a split second, I feel like jumping on the platform and show them how it’s done.

Start off with a series of simple moves like grabbing, walking around, and sliding up and down the pole. Feeling a little naughty? Lick the pole. The more complex moves entail grabbing the pole, walking around, letting your legs free, and swinging your body around like a tether ball on a rope. Feeling adventurous? Do a little jump, wrap your legs around, and flip your body back.

Whatever you do, just work the pole, baby, work the pole.

But, I can’t show these women what to do. I’m running late and my train leaves in less than 10 minutes.

Eh. Maybe next time.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their loss.

March 26, 2007 6:35 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

work the pole huh? i had no idea.

March 26, 2007 10:51 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Every girl needs someone in their life to follow....come on, Steven, be the leader....show them how it's done. You'd be better than any of them.....show them all up.

March 26, 2007 12:29 pm  
Blogger dantallion said...

The pole is brass?? Goodness.

March 26, 2007 1:08 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

you can always put up a video on YouTube?

March 26, 2007 1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been self-edited by author.

March 26, 2007 1:24 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Hot-Lunch has the right idea...and if the video gets yanked, due to nudity/adult content, then there's always XTube...

or just email me a direct copy.

xoxo

March 26, 2007 8:18 pm  
Blogger S said...

If anyone wants the video, you're going to have to pay for it.

March 26, 2007 9:22 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

Work the pole. If I had a nickel ...

March 30, 2007 3:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home