I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Doing drugs and getting pregnant

The day after Labour Day is an unofficial national holiday in North America - adults cheer in the streets because they finally have their lives back from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.

That’s right. School is back in session.

Peace and quiet can now reign supreme during the day.

There’s no more playing in the street, no more hanging around in the park and no more loitering at the mall.

Of course, I’m not talking about children. I’m talking about teenagers.

Ugh. I couldn’t stand them when I was their age and sure as fuck can’t stand them now.

What is up with the attitude where they think they deserve everything they never worked for and why are these kids so fuckin’ moody when they don’t get what they want (and even when they get it)?

Of course, I was never like that.

I wasn’t full of angst, I was full of anger.

If it wasn’t for the fact that my parents didn’t give me some personal space, never let me go out with my friends and practically wanted to control everything about my life because they didn’t understand me, I wouldn’t have gone through a goth period where I wrote morbid poetry, played guitar in a band and cut myself to feel a semblance of the physical...

Nothing like the teenagers of today.

Anyway, I couldn’t care less.

They’re back in school, where they belong, doing drugs and getting pregnant like they should be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

Right on! The downside is that now I have to do 15 mph through the school zones on the way to work. But somethings are worth it.

September 06, 2006 6:51 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Except now I have to make my way through THRONGS of them on the subway round three o'clock. Vile creatures, all. lol

September 06, 2006 8:53 am  
Blogger S said...

Lemuel: Run over them and make a new set of speedbumps.

Torn: Push them off the platform.

**

Yeah, I'm mean (with a dash of evil), but so what?

September 06, 2006 12:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now see...I live in the South, so we've been in school over a month when most people are just gettting started.

And you make my job sound so glamorous! I couldn't have phrased it any better myself.

September 06, 2006 6:49 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

Is Labour Day a canadian holiday too? ours here in Australia is October 2.

September 06, 2006 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home