I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I wish

Searching for shooting stars on nights where the sky was clear and inky black became the only way for an impressionable boy to make a wish when the power of prayer failed him.

If I wish hard enough, it has to come true, I’d think. The stubborn thought process of a child made me want it to come true because I believed it could.

Not being a child, anymore, I still wonder if the skies hold any promise.

In dreams.

In hope…

**

I wish people were empathetic.
I wish people were reflective of themselves.
I wish people were accepting of tolerance, instead of tolerant of acceptance.
I wish people would grasp the concept of honesty and sincerity.
I wish people would take a step back and exhale.
I wish people would listen.
I wish people would understand.
I wish people would open their eyes and see the world.
I wish people would realize death and disease doesn't discriminate.
I wish people would give into the possibility of living.
I wish you cared enough to ask.
I wish you would understand me.
I wish you would leave me alone.
I wish you would stop pissing me off.
I wish I had longer legs.
I wish I didn't have to shave.
I wish I only had hair on my head.
I wish I had a smaller head, but the same size brain.
I wish I knew what was on your mind.
I wish I knew why you turned around and walked away.
I wish I knew why my life is the way it is.
I wish I knew why I disappoint so many people.
I wish I could make you proud.
I wish you peace.
I wish you love.

**

No amount of wishing will result in realizing whether my wishes will ever come true.

Until then, I’ll keep on looking up to the skies.

Note: Happy Birthday, A.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

Your post - especially the last line in relationship to the rest - reminded me of a poster I saw as a teenager. Perhaps it puts all our wishes in perspective:
"Ideals are like stars. You will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But, like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, we set them as our goals, and, following them, we reach our destiny."
Best wishes also to you!

October 19, 2006 6:51 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I wish you would (BLEEP)..... (wink)

October 19, 2006 7:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From your mouth, to god's ears...

(If you believe that sort of thing)

October 19, 2006 7:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bday wishes and the ecard - I loved it!

October 19, 2006 10:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could see the stars at night.
The city is too bright.

October 19, 2006 11:41 am  
Blogger Jason said...

My wishlist is a bit different and probably not healthy to post.

October 19, 2006 12:27 pm  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

I wish someone would have told me there was no punchline before I read that whole thing.

October 19, 2006 5:05 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

I wish this love lasts.

October 19, 2006 9:28 pm  
Blogger S said...

All: I wish I could personally comment on each, but there's, like, 10 friggin' comments.

October 19, 2006 11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See how popular you are?

October 20, 2006 12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home