I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Eating a bag of potato chips

You have to give credit to those who work out and eat a controlled diet in order to achieve a semblance of perfection when it comes to their bodies.

They make the right choices when eating, and refrain from unhealthy foods. They exercise several days of the week for at least an hour at a time - warming up, cardio, lifting weights, and cooling down. They take additional supplements required for to heal and repair their bodies.

That's not me. I’m not that dedicated.

True, I’m not overweight in any sense of the word. For those who have met me, know my body is lean and that of a runner: taut and toned, but not muscular. You’ll find more fat on a chicken cutlet then on my thighs.

Even if I wanted to look better by eating right and working out, I don’t think I’d want to. After a long day at the office, I would rather get home, change clothes, have a light dinner, and crash in front of the couch for a ½ hour while eating a bag of potato chips.

An extra hour of my day to work out would mean an extra hour lost in bed (and I don't get to sleep much, so that ain’t happenin’). And, I wouldn't go to an extreme to change my body to please someone else. If you don't like me the way I am, then somebody else will.

Then again, if I was overweight and no one gave me a passing glance, my fat ass would be on a treadmill before you could say gastric bypass.

Note: To those who do what you do to look the way you do (you know who you are), keep up the good work. I’m not the only one who appreciates it. Wanna potato chip?

9 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

I smoke, drink and eat at McDonalds. Sometimes it's just in the genes.

March 27, 2007 6:51 am  
Blogger Jeff Skybar said...

Well, I'm one of those who controls the diet and takes supplements and does the hour exercise 6 days a week....BUT I still eat potato chips and all kinds of fun fattening stuff on the weekends. It's my time to unwind. Life would be boring if you didn't indulge once in a while.

March 27, 2007 9:03 am  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Like you, I don't exercise and am naturally fit.
Those gym-bunnies scare me. If you spend an hour per day there, you need more of a life!

March 27, 2007 10:08 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I eat pretty much whatever I want....but try not to for heart reasons (you know, the INSIDE fat, not the OUTSIDE fat). I'm as heavy now as I've ever been....up to a whopping 150 lbs. But, my dear young Steven, once you hit 30 or 40, I guarantee you that things will change...maybe just slightly, maybe drastically. You'll see a nice little line of mid-section trying its best to make home around your cute little taut toned tummy. Furthermore, anytime you want to lay on the floor, eat chips, and watch TV with me....let me know. BBQ are my favorites

March 27, 2007 10:15 am  
Blogger Threnody said...

I've been force-feeding myself to try to gain weight. Ironically, food has lost all joy for me. I eat when I'm not hungry to the point where I'm ready to puke.

It's working though :D

No thanks on the chip though.

March 27, 2007 10:45 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i love potato chips! ive got a bag of salt and vinegar in my closet. next to 3 bars of dark chocolate.

i actually need to eat more. my best friend and soul sister informed me that im too thin. shes 100 pounds so i think shes just jealous.

March 27, 2007 10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to go to the gym because otherwise there'd be so much cellulite on me you wouldn't be able to distinguish me from a half-ton pile of rice pudding.

March 27, 2007 11:28 am  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I love to eat too and I don't ever put on weight but I try to eat healthy anyway because there is more to nutrition than just physique. I can stay as scrawny as I am eating badly but my body could be suffering badly. So yeah, I try to be good most of the time. :)

March 28, 2007 7:12 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Apparently I'm the other half-pile Eric was referencing.

March 30, 2007 3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home