I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Clouds in my coffee

Every morning I have my coffee and sandwich for breakfast. Nothing special. It’s all timed accordingly, so as the coffee is brewing, the bread is toasting at the same time – there really isn’t a second to spare.

But, sometimes a wrench is thrown into the carefully oiled engine that’s supposed to run smoothly.

There are times when I pour the milk into the coffee, and it’s verging on being spoiled. Instead of the coffee turning from black to beige, it turns cloudy. And, there are chunks… and threads.

Because I have no time to make another cup of coffee (and I have to have a cup of coffee before I leave the house), I do what any resourceful person would do: I use a strainer.

Out of the cabinet comes another mug and I find the strainer in the second top drawer. I place the strainer on top of the clean mug and pour the cloudy coffee into it. For a quick taste test, I press my lips to the top of the mug and take a sip.

Not bad. You can barely taste the milk going bad.

Maybe it does taste bad, but I’m still half asleep to register indifference.

God forbid if the cold cuts were spoiling, too, because I wouldn't want to know what I would do with them...

4 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

be a man... drink the chunks!

haha

i drink my coffee black, the way god intend it to be. so i never have to deal with the floating curdles.

as for the cold cuts, i am on the 6 day rule. if i buy it on sunday, the last day to eat it is friday. of course, i also use my slimy test... if the turkey or ham gets too sliskery and slimy, it goes in the trash. otherwise it's between some bread.

August 20, 2007 9:34 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you, you're so vain
Clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee and.........
Maybe I should stop now.

I do hope you put just a dash of sugar or sweetner in that coffee...

August 20, 2007 10:15 am  
Blogger S said...

RT: For my coldcuts, I do the 'if it smells like pork when it's really turkey' test.

Oh, and I should also mention the curds form into this cheese-like ball after I throw them in the sink.

August 20, 2007 12:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

monica used coldcuts to fashion joey a foreskin...
and if you ever run out of milk for your coffee, maple syrup makes black coffee quite palatable.

August 20, 2007 6:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home