I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Whack it off

My hair grows fairly quickly. It can be a positive, or a negative. If the haircut is a disaster, it will grow out in about a week, or so. If the haircut is pretty good, it still grows out in about a week, or so.

Since my hair is thick and curly, curls start to form after a month and a half. It’s not too bad when they turn inwards. But, when they grow outwards, they resemble wings - the Farrah Fawcett flip. There’s no way of making them disappear. Whether it’s product, styling, hats or paper bags over my head, nothing works.

So, I do what any other rational person does: I pull out a pair of scissors and start snipping away.

Whack it off. Whack it all off.

It's a good thing my hair isn't stick-straight. Imagine if I had bangs that swooped across my forehead? Do you know what happens when they're not cut properly? Exactly. You resemble one of those kids whose parents trimmed their hair at home because they were too cheap to take them to a professional. In the end, the kids were left with lopsided locks that the other school kids made fun of because they were just too easy a target for torment.

Thankfully, any mistakes I make are covered by the fact that the curls hide all forms of sin and if I made a really bad judgement of scissor placement, in about a week, it will grow back.

Of course, if/when I lose my hair, then there is no amount of whacking that will help with the problem.

9 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

haha... you need to get one of those "patented hair styling systems" they sell on TV in the late night hours... the one that attaches to your vacuum cleaner, FloBee I believe its called.

My hair starts to get a mind of its own after just a couple of weeks after a cut. which is one main reason i shower in the morning, and apply pomade, and sometimes a light styling gel.

still, its good to have hair

August 16, 2007 8:10 am  
Blogger Rebel Yankee said...

Whacking ALWAYS helps with my problems.

Somehow, without really having any shared ethnic background, Steven, we have managed to have similar hair.
On the one hand, I'm so thankful I'll never go bald, but I also get a little frustrated at my hair's total lack of compromise in styling.

August 16, 2007 10:20 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

you look adorable. you photograph so well.

August 16, 2007 12:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whacking? I didn't know that helped with hair. Does it work like using a conditioner or something?

August 16, 2007 12:55 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

What a cute pic, from a cute guy!...let them curls grow...it looks good on you!

August 16, 2007 3:07 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

The right amount of whacking will help any problem. Curly. I've already offered my assistance with chopping.

August 16, 2007 7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I've always thought you whacked off the head not the hair. Kinky I must say.

August 16, 2007 7:57 pm  
Blogger Dop T said...

Let it grow out, you might be surprised. My BF has thick curly hair which I dared him to grow out once. He did, and it was sooo sexy, albeit a bit tough to take care of.

August 16, 2007 11:57 pm  
Blogger Rick said...

Let it grow. Youwill look like the guy from Entourage.

August 20, 2007 12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home