I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 23, 2008

They know what I look like under my clothes

Ever since I started Human Nature, I never expected to post any photos of me. It's existence was strictly due to the fact I wanted to be known for my writing and not my face/body. That changed with the medium, and images became a way to sell yourself more effectively (thereby increasing my appeal to various audiences). A digital camera came into my life and I've been snapping shots and posting them with regularity.

Later on in my online exploits, I met people who found me through HN and would eventually become my friends. What I didn't expect from our relationships is they'd know what I look like almost naked even when I'm fully-clothed. Every once in a while, one of them cracks a comment about my body and I look at them confusingly.

How would they know anything about my body? Oh wait, last Thursday... Yeah, that makes sense.

Still, it makes me feel uncomfortable because there are people who know what I look like with 98% of my clothes off. True, my eight readers also know, but I'll probably never meet them. If that was the case, I'll have to make sure to throw on a parka, just in case they have any ideas.

Either that, or I'll just remove every photo of me where I'm practically naked from this site.

9 Comments:

Blogger Volker said...

Why be conceerned at all. You've got a great looking bod anyway. Then we're all the same under our clothes: totally naked! Some are taller or shorter, bigger or smaller, the skin colour can be different, so what does it matter. The physiology is all the same. Well, men are men and women are women each with their appropriate physiology. Just a thought!

By the way, I've added your link to my blog roll. - Volker

June 23, 2008 2:28 am  
Blogger Tom said...

Either that, or I'll just remove every photo of me where I'm practically naked from this site

Too late. Your semi-nakedness will forever exist somewhere in the depths of Google's brain. :)

June 23, 2008 6:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

my thoughts are, my friends see me in my bathing suit, so it is really no worse posting similar shots on the web...(though some of mine seem to be a bit more risky sometimes...)...but if had your body, you would see a lot more of me... but that is me... keep it up... happy monday!

June 23, 2008 7:13 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Or you could graduate to dick shots (smirk).

June 23, 2008 7:19 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I want a Parka shot. With weenie sticking out.

June 23, 2008 9:46 am  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

No it is okay Steven, I never look when you are half naked, that would just be rude of me! ;P

June 23, 2008 12:34 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Ok, to be honest. Most people know how we all look naked. As my Grandmother used to say "What are you worried about? You have something extra?" lol She meant an 8th nipple?

Go on now. Be happy that people knwo you and want to know you. lol

Oh and you can always share more photos . . . if you want.

June 24, 2008 4:29 pm  
Blogger Doghigh said...

I know what you mean. I had that happen recently whilst chatting with a fellow blogger face to face.

Suddenly a bright neon sign in my head went off flashing "He's Seen Your Ass. He's Seen Your Ass.".

Most disconcerting.

June 25, 2008 12:55 pm  
Blogger Dop T said...

No complaints here

June 30, 2008 4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home