I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Fucking free time

Whenever my schedule begins to fill, people begin to come out of the woodwork, wanting to do things with me. Strange, because when I have a lot of time on my hands, everyone is always busy. What the fuck is up with that? I'd say this was a case of supply and demand, but there's a hell of a lot more demand when I don't have a lot to supply.

Take for example, a period when work and play cannot mingle. Twelve-hour days are not common. I wake up, get ready for work, commute, work, commute, get ready for bed, and go to sleep. Lather, rinse, repeat. Yet while this is happening, some people are pulling at my pantlegs, like needy children. As much as I want to push them aside, I know that's not what a parent would do (unless it's Bing Crosby or Joan Crawford).

It's hard having a couple of playdates in one week, especially when they're both on the same day. I'm only one man. I can't be in two places at the same time. Also, I can't split myself in half to please two people (although I can split someone in half to please myself).

Where the hell are you when I have time on my hands? Huh? I have no way to enjoy it with someone else. All this fucking free time can kiss my ass.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brice said...

People are pulling at your pantlegs, and you're complaining???

Pfffft. Sounds like a good problem to have...

July 18, 2008 10:46 am  
Blogger dit said...

It is odd how it works out that way huh? In my experience, relationships are often eb and tide, as you get close, people pull back, as you pull away people wish to be close. lol

If you figure it out, please let us know. Have a great weekend.

July 18, 2008 4:25 pm  
Blogger Volker said...

I hear you about the 12 hour days. My week days are like that but I hold my weekends to do things that have nothing at all to do with work, or at least the work I do during the week. With Brad arriving soon, there will be enough to keep us both occupied inside and out of work. Be thankful that you have enough to do. Being bored silly isn't an option either. - Volker

July 19, 2008 2:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean....but I sure the grass is greener on the other side.

July 19, 2008 8:49 am  
Blogger CHIKI said...

Is posible to put a translator in your blog. I like it, but i prefer read it in my language. I have translator in my blog.

thanks

July 19, 2008 2:17 pm  
Blogger Naijadude said...

U can always split urself into half eh! Just to be a gentleman! hehe...
So u're free now? ;) .. any starbucks around??

July 23, 2008 11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home