I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Next Wednesday is today

"I'm going."

"Going where?"

"Back."

"Back to what?"

"I'm going back to Quebec."

"Oh, for the weekend?"

"No, for good."

"Uh, for good?"

"Yes."

"Um, when did this happen?"

"Last weekend."

"So, you're leaving and never coming back?"

"Yeah."

"I've heard excuses for never wanting to see me again, but this is a first..."

"I quit my job here and am moving back next week."

"Next week?!"

"Yes."

"Like when next week? Friday? The weekend?"

"Wednesday."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Wednesday."

"So, you're leaving? Just like that?"

"I miss my friends and I miss my family..."

"But, you've only been here for a month. I mean, don't you need a little more time to settle in before you make this decision? It's not like I want you to stay for me - that would be crazy. But, how do you know, you know, that you should leave?"

"I don't like Toronto. I dunno. I just don't like it here. I don't know a lot of people. My job is ok, but I don't love it."

"So, that's it, then? You're going."

"Yeah."

Next Wednesday is today.

7 Comments:

Blogger WTWTG said...

is this emotion coming from your blog? nice. How can someone not like Toronto? chin up.

July 16, 2008 11:20 am  
Blogger Gavin said...

Sounds like a sad day for you today. Take care.

July 16, 2008 12:23 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Sounds like you are loosing a friend. I am sorry, that is never easy.

July 16, 2008 1:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. Just like that. Sounds like they hadn't left mentally in the month they'd been there. Sad and especially sad for you since you we're being considerate enough to think of their emotional well being.
Hugs,
kb

July 16, 2008 3:27 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

That sucks. I can understand missing home, but I would think it takes more than a month to know whether it's just normal just-left missing or missing it so much you need to go back.

July 16, 2008 9:27 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

That's so sad. But so well written.

July 17, 2008 4:46 pm  
Blogger Naijadude said...

I dont like Toronto as well.. but sadly I am stuck here!! damn it!!

July 23, 2008 12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home