I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Thin and cranky

When a model struts down a runway, he/she always has an expression that resembles someone who just sucked on something tart and sour – their eyes are slants and their lips pucker. The reason why they look like this isn’t because of “attitude” but because they’re cranky from hunger.

And, I know from personal experience.

Off and on, I try to remove those unwanted pounds gained from September, when I started to go through my nine bags of Hallowe’en candy. Then there was Christmas chocolate. February brought more sweet stuff. And, there's the occasional crap on a cracker that fills me between meals.

Fortunately, it’s easy for me to lose weight; stop eating so much.

No more snacking in the middle of the day. No more chocolate to crave my hunger when it strikes. No more eating at late hours before going to bed. If I was desperate for something to munch on, I’d grab an apple for its sweetness and crunch factor.

Sadly, as the pounds drop, the crankiness rises.

There are times when I’m even more irritable than normal. The only thing on my mind is food. Even though I don’t need to eat, I want to eat. A lot. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it’s full of fat and calories. Naturally, that means the “healthy choices” are to be left by the wayside while I stuff my face with food that negates the hard work I’ve been doing to lose the weight.

But, I don’t care. I’m thin and cranky.

Give me some chips. I want chips. Now! I don’t care, anymore. Give me some fucking chips before I rip your head off. Grrr…

9 Comments:

Blogger Robert Cox said...

Don't be apologetic.
If you're thin - you can be cranky. If you're thin, the world is your oyster.
No problemo!

July 09, 2008 6:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You irritable? Don't believe it, even being dragged thru Shopper's Drugmart for dental floss in the middle of the night, you did it with a smile.

July 09, 2008 10:11 am  
Blogger WTWTG said...

ugh. now I want chips!

July 09, 2008 11:45 am  
Blogger john said...

Mmmm...I could use a big bag of chips right now.

July 09, 2008 1:37 pm  
Blogger Doghigh said...

You could always eat them and throw them back up...

July 09, 2008 4:18 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Or just chew on them and spit them out. The taste stays in your mouth and tricks your brain into thinking you ate.

Did I just reveal too much?

July 09, 2008 10:51 pm  
Blogger dit said...

I so hear you! I too am on a diet and it makes me odd and cranky too.

July 10, 2008 3:03 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Never heard of "Crap on a Cracker", but we Americans love "Shit on a Shingle"...so tasty!

July 10, 2008 7:18 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

shut up....

talk to me when you hit 30 and your metabolism changes... or 40, when you'r talking about your unibrow and receding hair line...

hell, 30 is what, 5 years away? and that makes 40 about 30 years away.

July 10, 2008 11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home