I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Three little words

There are times when you’re feeling down because of so many influences – work, family, friends, money, health, etc. – that you don’t know how you can rise about the lingering depressive episode that’s about to unfurl.

So, it comes to my surprise when D sends me a text out of the blue. There wasn’t anything particularly special about the message. We haven’t seen each other in months, and this was just a note asking me how I’m doing.

What does surprise me is how the message ends: I miss you.

Three little words, that when assembled in any other combination still has a similar impact. It’s nice to know that absence – not to mention distance – makes the heart grow fonder.

And with that, the lingering depressive episode that was about to unfurl, wraps itself back up and scurries away, while a secret, sentimental smile washes over your face because someone still misses you.

6 Comments:

Blogger S said...

BTW, those south of the border have a happy July 4th.

At least your holiday gets you a long weekend. Canada's holiday was on a Tuesday. Ugh.

July 04, 2008 9:07 am  
Blogger Volker said...

Lovely words to hear, aren't they? I had my own incident in February when a friend had a request. Now our relationship has proceeded much further. Read my blog for more ongoing details. - Volker

July 04, 2008 10:08 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Have you ever seen the movie 'Three Little Words' Sorry just made me think of it. it is an oldie with Fred Astaire & Red Skelton! *winks*

OK enough of that!

I miss you to! :P

By the way where is your PYK vote for this week Hmmm!

July 05, 2008 9:04 pm  
Blogger Jake said...

This is happened to me many a time. And it's like emotions just flow right over you from those stupid 3 words. Especially when you're trying to convince yourself that you're over this person, but you know you're not.

Now that I've given you a whole story.. haha.

July 05, 2008 11:33 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

I miss you, too!

July 07, 2008 9:19 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

its nice to feel missed.

July 08, 2008 11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home