I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Over our heads

Not too long ago, I had to deal with a third party who didn't like the way I responded to a request about a client of mine. Normally, my customer service manners are quite excellent, but this time it wasn't (to her, at least).

To be generally specific, I was asked for some information I didn't have. Her deadline was end of day (approximately 5 p.m.) and I said I would get back to her asap (before 5 p.m.). Apparently, that wasn't the response that I should've given.

What happens is the worst possible thing that can happen: She went to the board of directors and complained about my idiocy and ineptitude, as well as badmouthing my company. She didn't bother to talk to our client, but went to the client's bosses.

It's like she bypassed Jesus and went straight to God. And, let me say, God is pissed.

After a series of phone calls and messages from board members, clients, bosses and supervisors, I feel like crawling into a hole and never leaving... for a second. Knowing I am good at my job and it was not an intentional sabotage for the client, I defended my case, proving my worth to the company.

Everyone could've brushed her off as irrational (and some of them did), but since she works for one of the largest third parties in the nation, her complaints would not fall on deaf ears. So, everyone had to tread carefully, making sure that no one would step on her toes.

The point to this madness is that there will always be one person who can shake up matters in ways that no one can ever expect. And, when they do, make sure to cover your bases... and asses.

7 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

let me be the first to point out another of your oxymorons... "generally specific" in paragraph 2

do i get a prize?

July 02, 2008 8:57 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

from your mouth to gods ears...

July 02, 2008 12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she is secretly one of your "anonymous" blog comment haters.

She just took it one step further (or farther?)

July 02, 2008 4:03 pm  
Blogger RomanHans said...

You can't crawl into a hole: you fall into a hole. If you could crawl into it, it'd be a cave.

Sorry: you've been getting so many assholes commenting lately, I figured it was de rigueur.

July 02, 2008 11:47 pm  
Blogger RomanHans said...

Meanwhile, another Canada day? What was a week ago Tuesday? Just because you've got universal health care and Molson's doesn't mean you can take every day off.

July 03, 2008 1:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, LOL @ romanhans...

secondly, you just can't trust those polynesian amputee lesbians.

Ever.

July 03, 2008 11:10 pm  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

Women are poison, every last one of them. Remember that.

July 08, 2008 1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home