I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bitchy comments, part deux

Last week, when writing about bitchy comments, I made a point that people who post the worst comments are usually anonymous. And, a couple of them came out of the woodwork to prove my point. Not only did they write a couple of not-so-pleasant words, but some of them even sent me e-cards about the horrible person that I am.

First, I thought it was my sister playing a trick on me. But, then I thought she wouldn't do such a thing because she would rather a) make a personal comment that only she and I understand, b) tell me in person because she has the balls to do so, and/or c) not do a thing because she has better things to do than read my site and post bitchy comments about how insipid I am and how I am always posting photos of me in states of undress.

To top it off, the anonymous sentiments carried onto the next day.

In fact, someone commented on the use of the term "pretty awful" in my post, claiming how could I, a person who writes a lot for a living, use this oxymoron. Sadly, it would only be an oxymoron if the term was "pretty ugly." But, who am I to point a perfectly-manicured finger at them? I'm the judgemental one, not them.

The reason why they're doing this is because even though they're repulsed by me, they're also sexually attracted to me: the love-hate scenario. How many people would read your ramblings on a daily basis, only to tell you how what a shitty writer you are? And, they would take time out of their (supposedly busy) day to send you a card, telling you how much they dislike you.

They want me. They want me so badly, they can taste it. Oh yeah.

20 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Am I missing something... I dont think you post nearly enough pics of yourself... if anyone should get shit for posting too many pics of themselves, it is me...well, and a few others I can think of, but not you... someone has to be fucking with you... so screw em... do what you feel best doing... and i will keep coming back

June 25, 2008 12:14 am  
Blogger Volker said...

I'm with Kelly on this one. Do what you feel is right and forget the negative rants. I love your blog and will continue to come back for more! - Volker

June 25, 2008 12:34 am  
Blogger Victor said...

Nicely said.

June 25, 2008 3:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know your pain and are with you.

June 25, 2008 5:47 am  
Blogger Gavin said...

The anonymity of the web is a double edged sword. With freedom comes responsibility. It's too bad we live in a society where people can say what they want but lack the judgment not to.

June 25, 2008 9:53 am  
Blogger dit said...

Very nicely said. I love it.

June 25, 2008 4:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha ur last sentence made me laugh. I think you're right about the love-hate thing, there must be some obsession about you if they're gonna judge you like that and degrade you, but at the same time go OUT OF THEIR WAY to give you so much negative attention.

good luck in getting rid of them!

June 25, 2008 5:03 pm  
Blogger Adorable Girlfriend said...

AG leaves her bitchy comments as "ag".

June 25, 2008 6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad you twist the comments that are written by one of your 8 anonymous readers...

Go back and read June 17th...no, wait, I'll do it for you.

Anonymous said...

Being someone who writes a lot for a living, I'm surprised you would use the dreaded oxymoron 'pretty awful' in a sentence.
June 17, 2008 5:46 PM

June 25, 2008 9:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They hate how attracted they are to you...because you're unattainable. The best way to deal with it is to try to break you down with negative comments.

P.S. I hate your washboard stomach, it's vile.

June 25, 2008 10:53 pm  
Blogger Jesse Archer said...

It easy to say what you feel, but it takes guts to say what you feel and put a name behind it. Well done.

Keep on sparkling!
xx Jesse

June 26, 2008 1:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ironic that you alter your words without acknowledging a mistake was made.

One could say in fact it is perfectly awful.

June 26, 2008 7:04 am  
Blogger Brice said...

I'm jealous. I don't think I've ever had idiots insult me for my blogs... in 4 years!!!

June 26, 2008 8:52 am  
Blogger TED said...

I agree that "pretty awful" is not an oxymoron (I know tons of guys who are both pretty and awful), but I take issue with "perfectly-manicured." Hyphens should not be used after adverbs that ends in ly. Besides, it's entirely clear that perfectly modifies manicured without the hyphen.

I think that most bitchy comments (I mean everywhere, not necessarily here) are well deserved. At least you embrace yours. A lot of bloggers get very insulted by them. And there have been many occasions where other commenters have rushed in to defend the blogger when my response to the original bitchy comment was "Well, he has a point, doesn't he?"

June 26, 2008 10:21 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

cant we all just get along.

didnt anyone elses mother besides my own say 'if you cant say anthing nice dont say anything at all.'

June 26, 2008 11:07 am  
Blogger BRYAN AMBITION said...

"awfully pretty" works too.
and i say fuck 'em!
xoxoo

June 26, 2008 2:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell them to kiss you ass crack!!!!!

No wait,I'll do that for them. :o)

June 26, 2008 2:42 pm  
Blogger Joe Jubinville said...

What's wrong with oxymorons?

June 29, 2008 11:08 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

ROFL
This post made my day!
Your the best!
ROFL

June 29, 2008 9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good one, I was playing ina pool tournament and took 2nd place and the loser looked at me and said "Do you need a paper bag in case you have to hyperventilate? What a bitch!!!!

February 26, 2009 10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home