I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, July 31, 2009

You better work

The title of this post is not only a hit song from RuPaul, but also a way of life. My life. People don't understand how much I work and the reason why I work so much.

NG and I don't get to see each other as much as we want to because of my schedule. Recently he told me I'm a workaholic. I told him I don't work out of love, but out of necessity.

Now, because it's getting closer to the Toronto International Film Festival, I'm pulling in 12-hour days. Most people work 40 hours in five days, but I work 60 hours in four days. I also clock in time on the weekend. In the end, my work week is approximately 75 hours.

Sadly, no one understands why I get tired by the weekend. There's no energy left. It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I'm drained. I want to get in the action (and get a little of it, too), but I'd rather lay back and/or down and relax. Even I need a break, although I don't have a lot of time for one.

Thankfully, it's a long weekend. What am I doing? Working.

5 Comments:

Blogger Godfrey said...

Finally someone who can understand. Architecture is the same way. No 9-5. I leave around 8pm everyday and often have to go in on the weekends. When I'm not working, its nice to just sit and relax. Nothin wrong with that. And who says we can't have some company while we do it. :)

July 31, 2009 2:59 am  
Blogger R said...

Unfortunately, so much work is now beyond the workweek - and with my office email now on my phone, I'm expected to reply 24-7. It's my own fault for doing graduate work on top of a 60+ hour week, I love it all and have sacrificed the hope of having anyone to come home to. Of course, I'd be tired to notice them if they were there.

July 31, 2009 9:33 am  
Blogger TFG said...

Take advantage of your youthful energy...you know you're only 25 once, er twice, er ten times max.

July 31, 2009 6:31 pm  
Blogger Cincinnati NAMjA said...

I agree. work hard when you are young ad reap the benifits later in life (dont forget to play harder though).

August 01, 2009 12:19 pm  
Anonymous Jerry said...

You didn't fully explain the *reason* you work so much. What are you running away from?

August 25, 2009 12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home